The Fund provides financial resources for projects designed to:
- Assist EFSD member states in overcoming the aftermath of the global economic crisis;
- Ensure long-run economic sustainability;
- Promote integration processes in the region.
The above objectives are met both by extending financial credits to national governments in support of their budgets, balance of payments and currency exchange rate, and in the form of investment loans to governments or companies implementing interstate investment projects.
One mandatory eligibility criterion for such financial support to be provided by the Fund, consists in the inability to borrow from the capital market to enable full-scale implementation of the project.
The minimum amount of EFSD investment loans is set at US$30 million for countries with GNI per capita over USD5,000 and at USD10 million for all other countries. The minimum amount of EFSD financial credits is set at US$10 million.
- Financial credit to Belarus
- The Bishkek-Osh Road Rehabilitation Project, Phase IV in Kyrgyz Republic
- Agricultural machinery supplies to Kyrgyz Republic
- Construction of the North-South Road Corridor in Armenia
- Toktogul HPP Rehabilitation Component: replacement of the second and fourth turbine-generator units in Kyrgyz Republic
- Irrigation System Modernization Project in Armenia
- Budget support credit to Armenia
- Stabilization credit for Republic of Belarus