The Bishkek-Osh Road Rehabilitation Project in Kyrgyz Republic
On 20 March 2014, EDB and Kyrgyzstan signed an Agreement on financing The Bishkek-Osh Road Rehabilitation Project, Phase IV with ACF resources in the amount of US$ 60 million.
On 27 December 2013, the ACF Council approved the application of the Kyrgyz Republic for the investment project in Kyrgyz Republic The Bishkek-Osh Road Rehabilitation Project, Phase IV in the amount of US$ 60 million. The ACF Council approved the preliminary request and Concept Note of the Project on 7 December 2012.
The project involves rehabilitation of the Madaniyat to Jalal-Abad section (67 km) of Bishkek-Osh international automobile road. Bishkek-Osh international automobile road is the only road connecting northern and southern regions of the Kyrgyz Republic. The road surface of these sections is badly worn down and needs rehabilitation.
Expected Project implementation outcomes:
- Improved capacity and safety level;
- Creating conditions for unimpeded flow of cargo and passenger transport;
- Strengthened ties between northern and southern regions of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Improved access to markets, reduced logistics costs;
- Strengthened system of road management.<.li>