Invitation for Bids
Country: Republic of Armenia
Project Name: Irrigation System Modernization Project (ISMP)
EDB Credit: Date of signing 16.10.2015
Contract Title: Rehabilitation of the irrigation systems of Garni and Hatsavan communities under service area of Garni-Gegard WUA
Reference No.: ISMP/NCB/CW-16/002
1. The Republic of Armenia has received financing from the Eurasian Development Bank toward the cost of the Irrigation System Modernization Project (ISMP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Rehabilitation of the irrigation systems of Garni and Hatsavan communities under service area of Garni-Gegard WUA. This contract will be jointly financed by the Eurasian Development Bank and Government of the Republic of Armenia. Bidding process will be governed by the Eurasian Development Bank according to World Bank’s rules and procedures (Guidelines for Procurement of goods, works, and non-consulting services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised as of July, 2014).
2. The “Water Sector Projects Implementation Unit” SA (WSPIU SA) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the following works: earth works; concrete works, placement of polyethylene (D160mm-315mm) and steel (D100mm-500mm) pipes and pipes reinforcement structure; insulation works etc. (as per BOQ)
The construction sites are located at the Garni and Hatsavan villages and partially on the community lands. The construction site is at 20-26 km distance from Yerevan in the Kotayk marz of RA.
The duration of construction works is 17 (seventeen) months including vegetation period.
Qualifications requirements include:
- Minimum average annual construction turnover, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 3 (three) years (2014-2016), divided by 3 (three) is AMD 276,000,000;
- The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as: AMD 61,500,000 net of the Bidders other commitments;
Participation in at least 1 (one) contract as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor between 1st January 2012 and application submission deadline, that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed in construction of hydro engineering structures of irrigation systems (such as water intakes, main and secondary canals, pipeline projects): with a value of at least AMD 208,000,000;
- Participation in the above and in any other contracts completed and under implementation as prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor during the period stipulated between 1st January 2012 and application submission deadline, with a minimum construction experience in the following key activity successfully completed: EARTH WORKS – 7,000m3, HYDROTECHNICAL CONCRETE – 120m3 , Installation of at least 3.0km pipes with minimum D200mm (in any year within the period stated above).
The required key activity may be demonstrated in one or more contracts (no more than three) combined if executed during same time period.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers [January 2011, revised as of July 2014] (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from WSPIU SA office (Mr.Samvel Karapetyan – Planning and Design Engineer. Tel:(+37441) 111-402; email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 10:00 to 17:00 at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in Armenian may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 40,000 Armenian Drams (AMD). By request of the Bidders unofficial English translation of the Bidding Documents will be provided. In case of any discrepancy between the Armenian version and unofficial English translation of the Bidding Documents, the Armenian version shall prevail. In any case the language of the bids is Armenian. The method of payment will be banking transfer to the following account:
Beneficiary: Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Armenia/Central Treasury
Account Number: 900000906082 (AMD)
In addition, bidding documents will be also provided to Bidders in electronic format. If there are discrepancies between the hard copy and electronic version, the hard copy shall prevail.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 21 April, 2017; 16:00 (Yerevan time). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 21 April, 2017; 16:10 (Yerevan time).
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security (Bank Guarantee) in amount of AMD 7,500,000.
8. The address referred to above is:
“Water Sector Projects Implementation Unit” State Agency
Attn.: Mr. Feliks Melikyan – Deputy Director
Sergey Sargsyan - Procurement Specialist
75/44 Baghramyan Ave., Yerevan 0033, Republic of Armenia
Tel: (+37410) 277-943 (reception); 266-058 (procurement department)
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org