Invitation for bids
Country: Republic of Armenia
Project Name: Irrigation System Modernization Project (ISMP)
EDB Credit: Date of signing 16.10.2015
Contract Title: “Rehabilitation of Main and Secondary Canals under the Irrigation System Modernization Project” (Package 1, comprising of 2 lots)”
Reference No.: ISMP/NCB/CW-17/004
- The Republic of Armenia has received financing from the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development (Anti-Crisis Fund) toward the cost of the Irrigation System Modernization Project (ISMP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts for “Rehabilitation of the Most Damaged Sections of the Arzni-Shamiram Main Canal and Construction of the Bypass Pipeline of the Kotayk Main Canal Head Tunnel”, ISMP/NCB/CW-17/004-1 (Lot #1) and "Rehabilitation of the Most Damaged Sections of the Artashat and Lower Hrazdan Main Canals", ISMP/NCB/CW-17/004-2 (Lot #2). These contracts will be jointly financed by the Eurasian Development Bank and Government of the Republic of Armenia. Bidding process will be governed by the Eurasian Development Bank according to World Bank’s rules and procedures (Guidelines for “Procurement of goods, works, and non-consulting services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers”, January 2011, revised as of July, 2014).
- The “Water Sector Projects Implementation Unit” SA (WSPIU SA) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the following works: earth works; concrete works, pipes; pipe fittings; metal constructions; insulation works etc (as per BOQs).
The construction sites are located at
- Arzni-Shamiram Main Canal of I stage (on the distance of 45km from Yerevan; from Yerevan Railway Station – 45km; nearby settlements – Nor Yerznka)
- Arzni-Shamiram Main Canal of II stage (on the distance of 30-50 km from Yerevan; from Yerevan Railway Station – 30-50 km; nearby settlements – Karbi, Bazmaghbyur, Byurakan, Ujan and Kosh)
- Bypassing Pipeline of the Head Tunnel of the Kotayk Main Canal (on the distance of 40 km from Yerevan; from Charentsavan Railway Station – 40 km; nearby settlements – Karenis and Charentsavan)
- Artashat Main Canal (on the distance of 20-53km from Yerevan; in average 15km far from Masis, Artashat and Vanashen Railway Stations; nearby settlements – Jrashen, Abovyan, Aygezard and Vanashen)
- Lower Hrazdan Main Canal (inside Yerevan and 50 km from city; 10-50km far from Yerevan and Echmiadzin Railway Stations; nearby settlements – Yerevan, Shahumyan, Dasht, Aragats, Tsakhalanj and Aknalich)
Qualifications requirements include (but not limited to*):
Minimum average annual construction turnover, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 3 (three) years (2015-2017), divided by 3 (three) is:
- Lot #1: AMD 950,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency); and
- Lot #2: AMD 765,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency)
- Lot #1: AMD 105,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency) net of the Bidders other commitments; and
- Lot #2: AMD 85,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency) net of the Bidders other commitments
- Lot #1: with a value of at least AMD 760,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency); and
- Lot #2: with a value of at least AMD 612,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency)
- Earthworks: at least 11,600m3 (in any year within the period stated above);
- Hydrotechnical concrete -2,900m3 (in any year within the period stated above).
- Earthworks: at least 10,000m3 (in any year within the period stated above);
- Hydrotechnical concrete: at least 6,200m3 (in any year within the period stated above).
To be qualified for two lots (contracts), Bidders must meet the sum of requisites of two lots (contracts).
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
*More details for qualification requirements are provided in the Bidding Document (Section III. Qualification Criteria and Requirements).
Bidders may bid for one or two lots (contracts), as further defined in the Bidding Document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers [January 2011,revised as of July 2014] (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from WSPIU SA office (Mr.Samvel Karapetyan – Planning and Design Engineer. Tel:(+37441) 111-402; email: email@example.com) and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 10:00 to 17:00 at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents (in electronic format) in Armenian may be obtained by interested eligible bidders free of charge upon the submission of a written application* to the address below. By request of the Bidders unofficial English translation of the Bidding Documents will be provided. In case of any discrepancy between the Armenian version and unofficial English translation of the Bidding Documents, the Armenian version shall prevail. In any case the language of the bids is Armenian.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before August 31, 2018; 16:00 (Yerevan time). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on August 31, 2018; 16:10 (Yerevan time).
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security (Bank Guarantee) in amount of:
- Lot #1: AMD 28,000,000.00 or its equivalent in freely convertible currency at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of RA as of Bid Security issuance date.
- Lot #2: AMD 22,500,000.00 or its equivalent in freely convertible currency at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of RA as of Bid Security issuance date.
- The address referred to above is:
“Water Sector Projects Implementation Unit” State Agency
Attn.: Mr. Feliks Melikyan – Acting Director
Mr. Martin Charyan - Procurement Coordinator
Vardanants Blind Alley 8 (5th floor), Yerevan 0010, Republic of Armenia
Tel: (+37410) 52-25-50 (reception); (+37410) 56-03-62 (procurement department)
Web site: www.piu.am