Special Procurement Notice
Country: Republic of Armenia
Project Name: Irrigation System Modernization Project (ISMP)
EDB Credit: Date of signing 16.10.2015
Contract Title: “Rehabilitation of the On-farm Irrigation Systems of the Service Areas of Masis, Azat, Aknalich, Sevjur-Akhtamar, Shenik, Kasakh, Ashtarak, Parpi, Amberd, Shamiram and Talin WUAs” (comprising of 2 lots)
Package Ref No.: ISMP/ICB/CW-19/003
1. The Republic of Armenia has received financing from the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development (Anti-Crisis Fund) toward the cost of the Irrigation System Modernization Project (ISMP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts for
- Lot 1: “Rehabilitation of the on-farm irrigation systems of the service areas of Masis and Azat WUAs” (Ref#ISMP/ICB/CW-19/003-1); and
- Lot 2: “Rehabilitation of the on-farm irrigation systems of the service areas of Aknalich, Sevjur-Akhtamar, Shenik, Kasakh, Ashtarak, Parpi, Amberd, Shamiram and Talin WUAs” (Ref#ISMP/ICB/CW-19/003-2).
These contracts will be jointly financed by the Eurasian Development Bank and Government of the Republic of Armenia. Bidding process will be governed by the Eurasian Development Bank according to World Bank’s rules and procedures (Guidelines for “Procurement of goods, works, and non-consulting services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers”, January 2011, revised as of July, 2014).
2. The “Water Sector Projects Implementation Unit” SA (WSPIU SA) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the following works: earth works; concrete works, pipes; pipe fittings; metal constructions; insulation works etc (as per BOQs).
The construction sites are located at
- in 13 communities of Ararat Marz, 11-28km from Yerevan (average distance – 20km)
- in 16 communities of Armavir Marz, 27-84km from Yerevan (average distance – 50km); and
- in 11 communities of Aragatsotn Marz, 21-70km from Yerevan (average distance – 39km)
More details on the Sites location are provided in the Technical Specifications.
The duration of construction works for each lot: 17 (seventeen) months including vegetation period (note: during vegetation season when civil works are impossible, a Technological Break will be arranged with the Contractor(s). Usually the irrigation season starts in April and ends in October. Therefore, construction works on most of the canals will be ceased from the beginning of May until the end of October and may be restarted in the beginning of November).
Qualifications requirements include (but not limited to*):
Minimum average annual construction turnover, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last 5 (five) years (2014-2018), divided by 5 (five) is:
- Lot#1: AMD 1,334,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency); and
- Lot#2: AMD 2,015,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency);
The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as:
- Lot#1: AMD 296,500,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency) net of the Bidders other commitments; and
- Lot#2: AMD 448,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency) net of the Bidders other commitments;
A minimum number of similar contract(s) that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor in construction of hydraulic facilities between 1st January 2014 and application submission deadline:
- Lot#1: 1 (one) contract with a value of at least AMD 1,000,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency); OR 2 (two) contracts each of minimum value of AMD 500,000,000 (or its equivalent in foreign currency)
- Lot#2: 1 (one) contract with a value of at least AMD 1,523,000,000 (or its equivalent in freely convertible currency) OR 2 (two) contracts each of minimum value of AMD 761,500,000 (or its equivalent in foreign currency).
Participation in the above and in any other contracts completed and/or under implementation as prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor during the period stipulated between 1st January 2014 and application submission deadline, with a minimum construction experience in the following key activity successfully completed:
- Earthworks: at least 56,400m3 (in any year within the period stated above);
- Concrete works: at least 4,400m3 (in any year within the period stated above); and
- Pipelines: at least 2,000m with minimum pipe diameter D=200mm (in any year within the period stated above)
- -Earthworks: at least 72,000m3 (in any year within the period stated above);
- -Concrete works: at least 6,200m3 (in any year within the period stated above);
- -Pipelines: at least 13,000m with minimum pipe diameter D=100mm (in any year within the period stated above).
The required key activity for each type of works (earth, concrete and pipe works) may be demonstrated in one or more contracts (no more than three) combined if executed during the same time period.
To be qualified for two lots (contracts), Bidders must meet the sum of requisites of two lots (contracts).
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
*More details for qualification requirements are provided in the Bidding Document (Section III. Qualification Criteria and Requirements).
Bidders may bid for one or two lots (contracts), as further defined in the bidding document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the “Letter of Bid”.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers [January 2011,revised as of July 2014] (“Procurement Guidelines”) and in accordance with the Procurement policy for EFSD-funded projects, and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from WSPIU SA office (Mr.Samvel Karapetyan – Planning and Design Engineer. Tel:(+37441) 111-402; email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 10:00 to 17:00 at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents (only in electronic format) in English may be obtained by interested eligible bidders free of charge upon the submission of a written application* to the address below (the bidding documents will be delivered to the interested bidders via file transfer system).
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before December 26, 2019; 15:00 (Yerevan time). Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on December 26, 2019; 15:10 (Yerevan time).
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security (Bank Guarantee) in amount of:
- Lot#1: AMD 37,500,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible currency at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of RA as of Bid Security issuance date; and
- Lot#2: AMD 57,000,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible currency at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of RA as of Bid Security issuance date.
8. The address referred to above is:
“Water Sector Projects Implementation Unit” State Agency
Attn.: Mr. Vahram Mkrtchyan – Acting Director
Mr. Martin Charyan - Procurement Coordinator
Vardanants Blind Alley 8 (5th floor), Yerevan 0010, Republic of Armenia
Tel: (+37410) 52-25-50 (reception); (+37410) 56-03-62 (procurement department)
Web site: www.piu.am